1. I'd like to ask
  2. 549 people in 178 cities are asking questions to 18 people
Business
"All I ask is for powerful people to respond honestly to the questions, and if they can't, explain why." Bill O'Reilly

1. BBC NEWS | BUSINESS | UK EDITION

2. The latest BBC Business News: breaking personal finance, company, financial and economic news, plus insight and analysis into UK and global markets.
  3. http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/img/bbc_news_120x60.gif

4. Nationwide bans small withdrawals
    Nationwide Building Society is to stop customers with cash cards from taking out less than £100 over the counter at its branches.

Coke increases stake in Innocent
    Coca-Cola takes a majority stake in the British fruit smoothie maker Innocent, but says the firm's founders will remain in charge.

Labour to propose 'Cadbury's law'
    Labour's election manifesto will include plans to restrict takeovers of British firms, the BBC has learned.

Answered Questions
  1. Sadbog74 asked Lord Mandelson: "What role can the European Union do to help fight the recession in Europe?"
  2. Lord Mandelson answer: "This question was put into his own words by Theo Paphitis. We hope you agree that the essence of the question remains the same."

3. Quatchem asked Lord Mandelson: "Dear Mr Mandelson, What does DBERR propose to do about EU over-regulation? This impacts quite highly on SMEs. Most EU directives/regulations tend to be highly complex pieces of legislation, the interpretation,..." Show more »"Dear Mr Mandelson,
    What does DBERR propose to do about EU over-regulation? This impacts quite highly on SMEs. Most EU directives/regulations tend to be highly complex pieces of legislation, the interpretation, compliance requirements and implementation of which can pose problems for SMEs. I speak specifically about the Biocidal Products Directive, a subject on which I am about to write to you and request some help. The BPD is overtly anti-competitive and has drained our resources and influenced our activities over the last 3-4 years creating an environment of uncertainty and fear. SMEs have little lobbying power in Brussels relative to the CIA giants. Is  DBERR in a position to influence EU  legislation to give SMEs at the very least, a level playing field ? 
    PS there is a Euro 5-6 million tag associated with compliance." Show less »
  4. Lord Mandelson answer: "This question was put into his own words by Theo Paphitis, we hope you agree though that the essence of the question remains the same."

5. Sadbog74 asked Theo Paphitis: "Should Britain diversify it's economy into other industries such as manufacturing, engineering, green technology and energy and Digital industries, and end it's reliance on the financial sector for creating..." Show more »"Should Britain diversify it's economy into other industries such as manufacturing, engineering, green technology and energy and Digital industries, and end it's reliance on the financial sector for creating wealth and GDP?" Show less »
  6. Theo Paphitis answer: "Click "play" to view."

7. shazkl asked Theo Paphitis: "What, if any, reforms would you like to see in the Banking sector?"
  8. Theo Paphitis answer: "Click "play" to view."

9. keithwhu asked Theo Paphitis: "Would you sit on the board of a nationalised bank? And do you think it would be a good idea to have more entrepreneurs on the boards of banks?"
  10. Theo Paphitis answer: "click "play" to view."

MORE ANSWERS!
Popular Questions
  1. ordinaryboy is asking Caroline Flint: "Do you agree with the OFT policy paper 443, The Competition Act 1998 and Public Bodies? And if so, can you tell if the new NHS purchasing bodies are advising PCT's, patients and the public of its find..." Show more »"Do you agree with the OFT policy paper 443, The Competition Act 1998 and Public Bodies? And if so, can you tell if the new NHS purchasing bodies are advising PCT's, patients and the public of its findings.  " Show less »
  2. 94

1. ordinaryboy is asking Caroline Flint: "will you give support to public authorities seeking Article 81(3) exemptions as part of the effiiencies drive?"
  2. 92

1. ordinaryboy is asking Gordon Brown: "Will the Prime Minister, as an aid to the effective and efficient delivery of health and social care, ask the EC to support a review of the application of Article 81 of the EC Treaty to horizontal cooperation..." Show more »"

Will the Prime Minister, as an aid to the effective and efficient delivery of health and social care, ask the EC to support a review of the application of Article 81 of the EC Treaty to horizontal cooperation within the health and social care industries and assess the case for a block exemption?

" Show less »
  2. 82

1. ordinaryboy is asking Lord Mandelson: "The Enterprise Act 2002 criminalises anti-competitive behaviour, how many cases have been prosecuted and in what industries?"
  2. 69

1. AndrewCooper is asking The delegates: "President Obama has expressed his disgust at the billions of dollars of bonuses that US bankers paid themselves last year. Do you feel similarly disgusted at UK bankers rewarding themselves for disastrous..." Show more »"President Obama has expressed his disgust at the billions of dollars of bonuses that US bankers paid themselves last year. Do you feel similarly disgusted at UK bankers rewarding themselves for disastrous performance and do you believe that there is a case for legal action to recover this money?" Show less »
  2. 39

MORE QUESTIONS!
Recent Questions
  1. flogerta is asking Douglas Alexander: "

how can i make the structure of global crisis,which are the real causes of these global crisis

"
  2. 6

1. jiheelee is asking James Purnell: "One of the issues in this year london summit is to prevent protectionism. however, every country will want to save their own citizens by protectionism. They want to keep their houses and works , and how..." Show more »"One of the issues in this year london summit is to prevent protectionism. however, every country will want to save their own citizens by protectionism. They want to keep their houses and works , and how are u going to stop protectionism while it is quite helpful for the countries to protect their own economy. I know that South Korea president announced  that there will be lists of nations who do not participate in preventing protectionism but what good would that do i want to know the exact action the G20 will take in preventing protectionism in order to over the financial crisis around the globe." Show less »
  2. 5

1. jiheelee is asking Brendan Barber: "I'm currently a high school student who is interested in the upcoming G20 london summit. I've been reading through the hompage and read some issues that the G2 will go through this year. While reading,..." Show more »"I'm currently a high school student who is interested in the upcoming G20 london summit. I've been reading through the hompage and read some issues that the G2 will go through this year. While reading, i became particularly interested in issue of protectionism. I get that protectionism can deepen financial crisis around the globe. but how exactly G20 going to stop protectionism? i know that the leaders have all agreed to hinder the protectionism but except for that agreement is there a pragmatic solution to this issue?" Show less »
  2. 4

1. YesWeCan is asking Gordon Brown: "Maybe its about time the world accepts that anyone can have the answer.I am a director of an export distribution company which deals with international markets mainly the developing world which I have..." Show more »"

Maybe its about time the world accepts that anyone can have the answer.I am a director of an export distribution company which deals with international markets mainly the developing world which I have a vast knowledge of.Everytime I try to promote the economy by openning new doors to emerging markets,the bearuacracy is very prohibiting.How can I bypass the red tape and be able to implement a service which will save a lot of business by expanding export markets?

" Show less »
  2. 3

1. jsbatra is asking Gordon Brown: "Dear Gordon,  There is lot of press around the UK government coming up with stimulus packages and QE, which is all fine as measures to revive the economy. But, the larger issue still remains that your..." Show more »"

Dear Gordon, 

There is lot of press around the UK government coming up with stimulus packages and QE, which is all fine as measures to revive the economy. But, the larger issue still remains that your channel to market.i.e. commercial banks are still the bottlenecks in terms of increasing liquidity for the end consumers. The lending rates still remain high. What are the government's plans to address this situation?

" Show less »
  2. 7

MORE QUESTIONS!