1. I'd like to ask
  2. 534 people in 175 cities are asking questions to 18 people
Banks
Answered Questions
  1. SiGreen asked Brendan Barber: "Where do you stand on the saver v. borrower debate? Do you think most of your members are savers- who are now paying for the mistakes of a reckless minority of borrowers?"
  2. Brendan Barber answer: "click "play" to view"

MORE ANSWERS!
Popular Questions
  1. offshoreguy is asking Gordon Brown: "How will regulating the world's tax havens do one single thing to solve the world's financial crisis?  It appears from what I am reading that the financial crisis is the result of the poor regulation ..." Show more »"How will regulating the world's tax havens do one single thing to solve the world's financial crisis?  It appears from what I am reading that the financial crisis is the result of the poor regulation ofthe two largest tax havens in the world:  New York and London.  It seems to me that the Group of Twenty really wants to make small sovereign nations that compete on the basis of tax competition nothing but vassal tax collectors so as to prop up the bloated and dying welfare states of Europe and America." Show less »
  2. 35

1. cereco is asking Gordon Brown: "Prime Minister, If the UK and the U.S.A. print new money, without it being linked to gold reserves, what is to stop the Chinese and other nations copying us, on a far larger scale. What could the..." Show more »"Prime Minister,

If the UK and the U.S.A. print new money, without it being linked to gold reserves, what is to stop the Chinese and other nations copying us, on a far larger scale.

What could the world do if China, or a supposed enemy of the west, Iran, started to print Dollars or Pounds?  I am certain they both have the technology to do it! " Show less »
  2. 20

1. makanji is asking Gordon Brown: "You have explained in the past that the global financial crisis started in the United States.Does President Obama agree with this explanantion? If the UK Banks had not bought the toxic debts from the..." Show more »"You have explained in the past that the global financial crisis started in the United States.Does President Obama agree with this explanantion?

If the UK Banks had not bought the toxic debts from the US Banks, would the UK Banks been in this mess?

If we are in a global economy, how can liquidity simply disappear from the banking system since a loss made by one party is a profit for another party?

I have raised many such questions in my article in the Asian Voice of 22nd.November,2008, available on www.abplgroup.com. Please request someone in you office to provide answers to these questions." Show less »
  2. 16

1. smeagles4 is asking Gordon Brown: "I would like to ask why you think pouring all this money into the banking system to get them lending again is a good idea when most people can't afford to borrow anymore money?  Why is this a good idea,..." Show more »"I would like to ask why you think pouring all this money into the banking system to get them lending again is a good idea when most people can't afford to borrow anymore money?  Why is this a good idea, when most find themselves in this position because they were allowed to borrow more than they could realistically afford in the first place?
    How is this supposed to help those who are mortgaged and loaned to the hilt and are in the process of going to the wall because they cannot meet their repayment demands as it is?  How are they supposed to get credit?
    I would like to know what exactly this government is doing for the ordinary hard working family, as for some of us this recession will never end" Show less »
  2. 13

1. DebbieC is asking Gordon Brown: "I would like to know why the banks are being given a limit on how much they are able to lend to first time buyers. It was 5 times a person's annual salary and it's being dropped to 3 times now. What about..." Show more »"I would like to know why the banks are being given a limit on how much they are able to lend to first time buyers. It was 5 times a person's annual salary and it's being dropped to 3 times now. What about those of us that don't earn a huge amount of money but want to buy their own place? For some of us, 3 times our annual salary wouldn't even buy a bedsit in London. Apart from that, I hear that 100% mortgages are being abolished too so somewhere we have to find extra money that we don't have. How are people supposed to get on the property ladder under these circumstances?" Show less »
  2. 11

MORE QUESTIONS!
Recent Questions
  1. lucchase is asking Gordon Brown: "At the moment we operate within a system which creates approximately 97% of money via debt (privately created money); and only 3% is debt-free or publicly-created money. This money-as-debt system has ..." Show more »"At the moment we operate within a system which creates approximately 97% of money via debt (privately created money); and only 3% is debt-free or publicly-created money. This money-as-debt system has a built-in flaw in that the interest on that money is not created other via yet another tranche of debt (legalised Ponzi-scheme?). What is the argument against reforming this system towards one which creates money via debt-free process? What is wrong with debt-free money, created as a public service?" Show less »
  2. 3

1. offshoreguy is asking Gordon Brown: "How will regulating the world's tax havens do one single thing to solve the world's financial crisis?  It appears from what I am reading that the financial crisis is the result of the poor regulation ..." Show more »"How will regulating the world's tax havens do one single thing to solve the world's financial crisis?  It appears from what I am reading that the financial crisis is the result of the poor regulation ofthe two largest tax havens in the world:  New York and London.  It seems to me that the Group of Twenty really wants to make small sovereign nations that compete on the basis of tax competition nothing but vassal tax collectors so as to prop up the bloated and dying welfare states of Europe and America." Show less »
  2. 35

1. makanji is asking Gordon Brown: "You have explained in the past that the global financial crisis started in the United States.Does President Obama agree with this explanantion? If the UK Banks had not bought the toxic debts from the..." Show more »"You have explained in the past that the global financial crisis started in the United States.Does President Obama agree with this explanantion?

If the UK Banks had not bought the toxic debts from the US Banks, would the UK Banks been in this mess?

If we are in a global economy, how can liquidity simply disappear from the banking system since a loss made by one party is a profit for another party?

I have raised many such questions in my article in the Asian Voice of 22nd.November,2008, available on www.abplgroup.com. Please request someone in you office to provide answers to these questions." Show less »
  2. 16

1. DebbieC is asking Gordon Brown: "I would like to know why the banks are being given a limit on how much they are able to lend to first time buyers. It was 5 times a person's annual salary and it's being dropped to 3 times now. What about..." Show more »"I would like to know why the banks are being given a limit on how much they are able to lend to first time buyers. It was 5 times a person's annual salary and it's being dropped to 3 times now. What about those of us that don't earn a huge amount of money but want to buy their own place? For some of us, 3 times our annual salary wouldn't even buy a bedsit in London. Apart from that, I hear that 100% mortgages are being abolished too so somewhere we have to find extra money that we don't have. How are people supposed to get on the property ladder under these circumstances?" Show less »
  2. 11

2. 8

MORE QUESTIONS!