1. I'd like to ask
  2. 534 people in 175 cities are asking questions to 18 people
Jobs
Answered Questions
  1. anaylo asked Hazel Blears: "Does the Secretary of State agree that redundant town centre assets should be transferred on a temporary basis into local authority and community ownership to facilitate the development of community enterprise..." Show more »"Does the Secretary of State agree that redundant town centre assets should be transferred on a temporary basis into local authority and community ownership to facilitate the development of community enterprise during the recession - thereby reinvigorating 'ghost towns' and supporting young unemployed graduates into self-employment within the third sector where the private sector is withdrawing?" Show less »
  2. Hazel Blears answer: "click 'play' to view."

3. antigone asked James Purnell: "To get more mothers back to work should you not consider how the benefits system and in particular child tax credits and support for child care payments interact with self employment. Huge numbers of ..." Show more »"To get more mothers back to work should you not consider how the benefits system and in particular child tax credits and support for child care payments interact with self employment. Huge numbers of women return to work as self employed workers in order to get the flexibility they need for their children, thus making themselves more attractive to employers by forgoing paid holiday entitlement, pension contributions, NICs, employer tax etc. However they also forgo the entitement of their salaried, PAYE registered sisters for childcare support - for wich you need a formal employer and family tax credits.  As a single mother for whom this was the only way to get back into work not being able to access any support for the flexible, part time child care I need (and which is quite expensive, I found this a heavy penalty" Show less »
  4. James Purnell answer: "Click "play" to view."

5. Sadbog74 asked James Purnell: "What role can global institutions play in reducing unemployment on a national level in individual countries?"
  6. James Purnell answer: "Click "play" to view."

MORE ANSWERS!
Popular Questions
  1. oldmenstoys is asking Caroline Flint: "Have you asked Viviane Reding to make a statement on Super-Fast Broadband Stimulus value as a UNITED Policy for Europe, in advance of the G20 Summit?{in light of the Digital Britain report, of Stephen..." Show more »"Have you asked Viviane Reding to make a statement on Super-Fast Broadband Stimulus value as a UNITED Policy for Europe, in advance of the G20 Summit?{in light of the Digital Britain report, of Stephen Carter & the impact on Jobs/GDP}

David Wright" Show less »
  2. 22

1. oldmenstoys is asking Gordon Brown: "G20 Summit AGENDA item: 'Stimulus' based on Super-fast Broadband is both International & National, thereby 'Uniting' the G20, as a 'Global-Deal'. I have proposed a practical 'Public Sector Aggregation..." Show more »"G20 Summit AGENDA item:
    'Stimulus' based on Super-fast Broadband is both International & National, thereby 'Uniting' the G20, as a 'Global-Deal'. I have proposed a practical 'Public Sector Aggregation Scheme' to Finance this. No New Money is required, only 'aligned' Public Policy.
    My QUESTION:
    is this on G20 AGENDA? {& if so do you AGREE with it as a basis for Global-Deal, to 'Stimulate' ALL G20} Internet is Global...
    David Wright" Show less »
  2. 12

1. Electrician is asking Gordon Brown: "Hi, This is quite a simple question in the grand scheme of things. I work in the building trade as a electrician and have noticed the decline in work what i would like to know is 'you' have pumped billions..." Show more »"Hi, This is quite a simple question in the grand scheme of things. I work in the building trade as a electrician and have noticed the decline in work what i would like to know is 'you' have pumped billions into the banks (so they can keep it for themselves) and millions into the car industry (which seems to like to make fields full of cars that they are not selling which as a layman to me seems stupid, you don't keep on making something if know one is buying. and if you do, your sell them cheap to regain capital). So heres my question, why aren't the government putting money into localized building projects and infrastructure regeneration, i.e council housing (not housing association) as we're gonna need it with waiting lists up to 2-million (mainly due to the fact only 150ish were built in the last year, not to mention the amount of houses that have been bought via the right to buy schemes thus creating a shrinking number of council houses). Thank you for you time. Ian" Show less »
  2. 11

1. jrejarze is asking Gordon Brown : "Good Afternoon Prime Minister and Theo, I have been working for ITV for the last three years and have never seen business like it.  Though through recent news, I never thought it would end so many ..." Show more »"Good Afternoon Prime Minister and Theo,

I have been working for ITV for the last three years and have never seen business like it.  Though through recent news, I never thought it would end so many decades of one of the best production facilities in England.

This facility needs completely saving now!  Before it is too late.  If this is lost, there will be no chance of a rebuild here in Leeds after the economic down turn.  I myself will be leaving here in the future months to try and get my media business off of the ground and need help from people like yourselves and other local groups to make this a reality.  Though the help that starters need to save our community is poor from both Business Link, other organisations and the Banks who can not even check on thier new business starters after 6 months.  Maybe this explains a lot?

Where is the help?  I for one now see that just getting started by myself is vertually impossible.  I have three projects about ready to go, One Product, One R & D and one media product?

Please help and save our bacon, which certain CEO's have lied about doing.  Help me save our media community and start again for a better future in the North East.

Regards,

Jonathan Jarzembowski." Show less »
  2. 11

1. Sadbog74 is asking James Purnell: "Should the businesses being paid by the government in in the public private partnership with jobcentre plus, to recruit the unemployed, guarantee all their staff a living wage or higher?"
  2. 10

MORE QUESTIONS!
Recent Questions
  1. sophietremol is asking Gordon Brown: "The Government- sponsored Sustainable Development Commission has just released a report, "Prosperity Without Growth" which elegantly sums up the problem at the root of the current economic and ecological..." Show more »"The Government- sponsored Sustainable Development Commission has just released a report, "Prosperity Without Growth" which elegantly sums up the problem at the root of the current economic and ecological crisis: "Every society clings to a myth by which it lives. Ours is the myth of economic growth". This report carefully sets out how our societies have become addicted to growth and how they are ecological limits to growth for the planet as a whole. Don't you think that this crisis should act as a wake-up call for the global community and offer the opportunity to change course? Why design a stimulus package to trigger growth whilst ultimately, the unrelentless pursuit of growth is what is going to throw us into the wall. It is time to focus on prosperity, improve our social and infrastructure services and properly account for such achievements (in Britain and abroad, particularly in developing countries), and accept that there may be zero or negative growth. We need a complete rethink about sources of employment and the means to maintain an adequate but not lavish way of life. Will you have the political courage to say just that?" Show less »
  2. 2

1. Velloor is asking Gordon Brown: "I have a suggestion for revival of the Economies of Europe,America and Asia which could be discussed in the G20 London Summit.  For every employee who has been  reinstated by the the employer,(the period..." Show more »"I have a suggestion for revival of the Economies of Europe,America and Asia which could be discussed in the G20 London Summit.
     For every employee who has been  reinstated by the the employer,(the period should be restricted for the last one year only)the company would get 50% corporate tax cut on annual CTC of the employee for 2009 and another 50 % corporate tax cut  in 2010. This would boost the sentiments and disposable income  and there would be a serge in Consumer spending,which would lead to increase in aggregate demand,production,investment and employment in the  World Economy." Show less »
  2. 8

1. Electrician is asking Gordon Brown: "Hi, This is quite a simple question in the grand scheme of things. I work in the building trade as a electrician and have noticed the decline in work what i would like to know is 'you' have pumped billions..." Show more »"Hi, This is quite a simple question in the grand scheme of things. I work in the building trade as a electrician and have noticed the decline in work what i would like to know is 'you' have pumped billions into the banks (so they can keep it for themselves) and millions into the car industry (which seems to like to make fields full of cars that they are not selling which as a layman to me seems stupid, you don't keep on making something if know one is buying. and if you do, your sell them cheap to regain capital). So heres my question, why aren't the government putting money into localized building projects and infrastructure regeneration, i.e council housing (not housing association) as we're gonna need it with waiting lists up to 2-million (mainly due to the fact only 150ish were built in the last year, not to mention the amount of houses that have been bought via the right to buy schemes thus creating a shrinking number of council houses). Thank you for you time. Ian" Show less »
  2. 11

1. jrejarze is asking Gordon Brown : "Good Afternoon Prime Minister and Theo, I have been working for ITV for the last three years and have never seen business like it.  Though through recent news, I never thought it would end so many ..." Show more »"Good Afternoon Prime Minister and Theo,

I have been working for ITV for the last three years and have never seen business like it.  Though through recent news, I never thought it would end so many decades of one of the best production facilities in England.

This facility needs completely saving now!  Before it is too late.  If this is lost, there will be no chance of a rebuild here in Leeds after the economic down turn.  I myself will be leaving here in the future months to try and get my media business off of the ground and need help from people like yourselves and other local groups to make this a reality.  Though the help that starters need to save our community is poor from both Business Link, other organisations and the Banks who can not even check on thier new business starters after 6 months.  Maybe this explains a lot?

Where is the help?  I for one now see that just getting started by myself is vertually impossible.  I have three projects about ready to go, One Product, One R & D and one media product?

Please help and save our bacon, which certain CEO's have lied about doing.  Help me save our media community and start again for a better future in the North East.

Regards,

Jonathan Jarzembowski." Show less »
  2. 11

1. Sadbog74 is asking James Purnell: "Should the businesses being paid by the government in in the public private partnership with jobcentre plus, to recruit the unemployed, guarantee all their staff a living wage or higher?"
  2. 10

MORE QUESTIONS!