1. I'd like to ask
  2. 534 people in 175 cities are asking questions to 18 people
Pay and Conditions
Popular Questions
  1. mthornton is asking Gordon Brown: "There is always discussion on benefits, stay at home parents etc. I would like to know what is going to happen to help working families. I have read about parents being required to work after their..." Show more »"There is always discussion on benefits, stay at home parents etc. I would like to know what is going to happen to help working families.

I have read about parents being required to work after their children turn 7 which I completely agree with. There is no need for a parent to stay home whilst their children at at home all day. My question is in regard to those that do work. Because the income threshold (amount required to live) is so low, workers don't really receive much benefit from actually working when wages are so low. I think the threshold should be higher for workers so that a benefit can be seen to work rather than be on benefits. Many of my friends do not work simply because their rent, council tax etc is paid and also they can claim community care grants when needed for their children. There should be a guarantee that if you work, you will receive £so much above the benefits threshold to help with extra costs to help those working on low incomes.  Free education should be offered for all up to a certain level." Show less »
  2. 15

1. mthornton is asking James Purnell: "There is always discussion on benefits, stay at home parents etc. I would like to know what is going to happen to help working families. I have read about parents being required to work after their..." Show more »"There is always discussion on benefits, stay at home parents etc. I would like to know what is going to happen to help working families.

I have read about parents being required to work after their children turn 7 which I completely agree with. There is no need for a parent to stay home whilst their children at at home all day. My question is in regard to those that do work. Because the income threshold (amount required to live) is so low, workers don't really receive much benefit from actually working when wages are so low. I think the threshold should be higher for workers so that a benefit can be seen to work rather than be on benefits. Many of my friends do not work simply because their rent, council tax etc is paid and also they can claim community care grants when needed for their children. There should be a guarantee that if you work, you will receive £so much above the benefits threshold to help with extra costs to help those working on low incomes.  Free education should be offered for all up to a certain level. And the childcare allowance needs to be address in regards to tax credits. I have three children under 5 and the £300 claim limit doesn't cover the 85% at all with the rising cost of childcare. This limit needs to be highered if parents are expected to return to work. Especially during holidays when children are off school and needing care." Show less »
  2. 12

1. shellbills is asking Gordon Brown: "i am having trouble getting back into work theres nothing out there credit crunch isnt helping my husband earns £22,000 a year and tax credits wont give us anything this year i probably wont qualify for..." Show more »"

i am having trouble getting back into work theres nothing out there credit crunch isnt helping my husband earns £22,000 a year and tax credits wont give us anything this year i probably wont qualify for childcare costs and if i work full time will be just paying to put my son in nursery can you  explain how familys are supposed to survive and get help if you are hardworking and want to get back out there you get no help we are struggling now and we get no help at all is there anything you could do

" Show less »
  2. 4

1. solkin is asking Gordon Brown: "Barak Obama has agred to tax obscene bonuses you have not - is this beacuse you already know how little UK tax these people pay"
  2. 2

MORE QUESTIONS!
Recent Questions
  1. shellbills is asking Gordon Brown: "i am having trouble getting back into work theres nothing out there credit crunch isnt helping my husband earns £22,000 a year and tax credits wont give us anything this year i probably wont qualify for..." Show more »"

i am having trouble getting back into work theres nothing out there credit crunch isnt helping my husband earns £22,000 a year and tax credits wont give us anything this year i probably wont qualify for childcare costs and if i work full time will be just paying to put my son in nursery can you  explain how familys are supposed to survive and get help if you are hardworking and want to get back out there you get no help we are struggling now and we get no help at all is there anything you could do

" Show less »
  2. 4

1. solkin is asking Gordon Brown: "Barak Obama has agred to tax obscene bonuses you have not - is this beacuse you already know how little UK tax these people pay"
  2. 2

1. mthornton is asking James Purnell: "There is always discussion on benefits, stay at home parents etc. I would like to know what is going to happen to help working families. I have read about parents being required to work after their..." Show more »"There is always discussion on benefits, stay at home parents etc. I would like to know what is going to happen to help working families.

I have read about parents being required to work after their children turn 7 which I completely agree with. There is no need for a parent to stay home whilst their children at at home all day. My question is in regard to those that do work. Because the income threshold (amount required to live) is so low, workers don't really receive much benefit from actually working when wages are so low. I think the threshold should be higher for workers so that a benefit can be seen to work rather than be on benefits. Many of my friends do not work simply because their rent, council tax etc is paid and also they can claim community care grants when needed for their children. There should be a guarantee that if you work, you will receive £so much above the benefits threshold to help with extra costs to help those working on low incomes.  Free education should be offered for all up to a certain level. And the childcare allowance needs to be address in regards to tax credits. I have three children under 5 and the £300 claim limit doesn't cover the 85% at all with the rising cost of childcare. This limit needs to be highered if parents are expected to return to work. Especially during holidays when children are off school and needing care." Show less »
  2. 12

1. mthornton is asking Gordon Brown: "There is always discussion on benefits, stay at home parents etc. I would like to know what is going to happen to help working families. I have read about parents being required to work after their..." Show more »"There is always discussion on benefits, stay at home parents etc. I would like to know what is going to happen to help working families.

I have read about parents being required to work after their children turn 7 which I completely agree with. There is no need for a parent to stay home whilst their children at at home all day. My question is in regard to those that do work. Because the income threshold (amount required to live) is so low, workers don't really receive much benefit from actually working when wages are so low. I think the threshold should be higher for workers so that a benefit can be seen to work rather than be on benefits. Many of my friends do not work simply because their rent, council tax etc is paid and also they can claim community care grants when needed for their children. There should be a guarantee that if you work, you will receive £so much above the benefits threshold to help with extra costs to help those working on low incomes.  Free education should be offered for all up to a certain level." Show less »
  2. 15

MORE QUESTIONS!