1. I'd like to ask
  2. 534 people in 175 cities are asking questions to 18 people
Environment
Answered Questions
  1. mikemaybury asked Matthew Taylor: "Is it not time for serious discussions to take place relating to families living and working locally rather than commuting long distances wasting time and money to individuals and government?"
  2. Matthew Taylor answer: "Click "play" to view."

3. ThomasT asked Barbara Stocking: "Oxfam is calling for the G20 summit to agree to investing in low-carbon jobs and clean technology - what kind of concrete proposals would you like to see made at the summit? Pre summit, do you feel o..." Show more »"Oxfam is calling for the G20 summit to agree to investing in low-carbon jobs and clean technology - what kind of concrete proposals would you like to see made at the summit?
    Pre summit, do you feel optimistic?" Show less »
  4. Barbara Stocking answer: "Click 'play' to view."

MORE ANSWERS!
Popular Questions
  1. Sadbog74 is asking Lord Malloch-Brown: "Could a World Green Bank be created, that give loans or grants to countries with green strings attached? Such as a grant on condition that your countries auto industry retools to make hybrid cars, ..." Show more »"Could a World Green Bank be created, that give loans or grants to countries with green strings attached? Such as a grant on condition that your countries auto industry retools to make hybrid cars, as is being done in the America, the UK and the rest of Europe? " Show less »
  2. 31

1. Nochinquinn is asking Lord Mandelson: "Peter, the UK does not have it's own wind turbine industry, although we assemble some we import most of them from Germany and Denmark. If we want to build wind farms offshore or onshore we have to join..." Show more »"Peter, the UK does not have it's own wind turbine industry, although we assemble some we import most of them from Germany and Denmark. If we want to build wind farms offshore or onshore we have to join the queue behind others waiting for turbines to be produced abroad.
     If we are to escape being reliant on Russian gas and Arab oil we must produce our own and the UK is the windiest place in Europe.
    To boost employment in this recession why dosen't the government get together the big names in UK manufacturing and instruct them to produce thousands of wind turbines to meet our climate change targets and to get people in work?
    " Show less »
  2. 18

1. mikemaybury is asking Lord Mandelson: "In order to save energy and stimulate UK production and installation of solar water heaters in housing countrywide could the government arrange for loans, perhaps funded by energy companies, repayable..." Show more »"In order to save energy and stimulate UK production and installation of solar water heaters in housing countrywide could the government arrange for loans, perhaps funded by energy companies, repayable with energy bills?" Show less »
  2. 16

1. mikemaybury is asking Gordon Brown: "In order to tackle the current financial crisis, unemployment and the need to reduce CO2 and energy waste can you get the energy companies and the banks to cooperate with various schemes to ensure that..." Show more »"In order to tackle the current financial crisis, unemployment and the need to reduce CO2 and energy waste can you get the energy companies and the banks to cooperate with various schemes to ensure that all buildings achieve energy savings within specified time periods?" Show less »
  2. 14

1. smiffy1967 is asking Gordon Brown: "Dear Gordon isnt it time to admit that debt based fractional reserve banking is finished? I seriously doubt that there is enough cheap available energy left to pay Existing UK Liabilities? Why do ..." Show more »"Dear Gordon

isnt it time to admit that debt based fractional reserve banking is finished? I seriously doubt that there is enough cheap available energy left to pay Existing UK Liabilities?
    Why do i have to pay interest on bank credit or better still is bank credit the way to acheive a viable economy, for instance, if i borrow £100,000 i have to pay back £200,000 which means i am using up twice the amount of resources to pay back bank credit plus compound interest, is this viable, sustainable? now i dont know if you noticed, but we live on a finite planet and those resources should be used wisley so mine and your children have a future. The current system of private banks issuing money as debt will leave your's and my children with an empty hungry world in which to grow up in, is that your legacy to us? currently 97% of money is privatley issued is that the way to go?
    You know oil is finite as you are well aware of north sea depletion rates and our Natural Gas quandry is worse, we cannot take on more debt and grow our way out of this recession, it simply is not possible, would it not be better to focus on our own internal economy - food and energy security and sod the world?

I would hate to think that you think that business as usual is remotley possible, if you do - then i see a revolution on the horizon and would recomend you stay clear of lamposts.

" Show less »
  2. 13

MORE QUESTIONS!
Recent Questions
  1. swimtwobirds is asking Gordon Brown: "Why were there no concrete, costed environmental committments at the G20? Failure to directly link economic recovery to environmental measures is the same short-term thinking that got us into this trouble..." Show more »"Why were there no concrete, costed environmental committments at the G20? Failure to directly link economic recovery to environmental measures is the same short-term thinking that got us into this trouble in the first place." Show less »
  2. 3

1. Amythystrump is asking Gordon Brown: "Why is stopping climate change not our country's top priority and embedded in all other decisions as it is literally a question of our survival"
  2. 4

1. footloose is asking Gordon Brown: "Will you and your government pursue the worldwide concerted action (not empty promises) needed to combat climate change with as much vigour as you have been pursuing solutions to the economic downturn?..." Show more »"Will you and your government pursue the worldwide concerted action (not empty promises) needed to combat climate change with as much vigour as you have been pursuing solutions to the economic downturn? The economic situation while serious is short-term. The problems posed by climate change are urgent, catastrophic and irreversible unless the necessary actions are taken now. If they do not take those actions world politicians are going to be presiding over the mass extinction of life on earth, including human life. Yet they can save us all and simultaneously grow a new green economy." Show less »
  2. 4

1. aliplow is asking Gordon Brown: " Why  have Anti-poverty and climate change organisation, World Development Movement (WDM), has been blocked from attending the G20 conference at the last minute, with no explanation. Please explain as..." Show more »" Why  have Anti-poverty and climate change organisation, World Development Movement (WDM), has been blocked from attending the G20 conference at the last minute, with no explanation. Please explain as they appear to be the only NGO that has been blocked." Show less »
  2. 8

1. Plowers is asking Gordon Brown: "g20 conference at last minute - The World Development Movement voice has been silenced. Why?"
  2. 13

MORE QUESTIONS!