1. I'd like to ask
  2. 549 people in 178 cities are asking questions to 18 people
Politics
“One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.” Chinese proverb

1. BBC NEWS | UK POLITICS | ELECTION 2010 | UK EDITION

2. Get the latest BBC Politics news: breaking news, comment and analysis plus political guides and in-depth special reports on UK and EU politics.
  3. http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/img/bbc_news_120x60.gif

4. 'No big new spending' from Labour
    Labour's election manifesto will contain "no big new spending commitments", the party has said.

Tories to pledge local GP access
    The Conservatives will guarantee patients access to a local GP as part of their manifesto.

Leaders sign up for online debate
    The three main party leaders have agreed to take part in digital debates on websites Facebook and You Tube.

Answered Questions
  1. PatNInterupt asked Brendan Barber: "Can you explain why the trades union movement has continued to support a government whose policies have actively and deliberately caused the expropriation and transfer of relative wealth and purcahsing..." Show more »"Can you explain why the trades union movement has continued to support a government whose policies have actively and deliberately caused the expropriation and transfer of relative wealth and purcahsing power from the non-property-owning class to the speculative property-owning-class, to an extent that would make Margaret Thatcher blush with shame?" Show less »
  2. Brendan Barber answer: "Click "play" to view"

3. Sadbog74 asked Brendan Barber: "Is the current failure of neo-liberalism a chance to reinvigorate the use of the state in pragmatic ways to bring about social justice, economic stability and growth?"
  4. Brendan Barber answer: "click "play" to view answer."

5. LondonTowner asked Matthew Taylor: "Do you get any sense at all that senior ministers see the recession as a golden opportunity to transform the UK's way of life, reducing inequality, cutting working hours and making us less materialist..." Show more »"Do you get any sense at all that senior ministers see the recession as a golden opportunity to transform the UK's way of life, reducing inequality, cutting working hours and making us less materialistic?" Show less »
  6. Matthew Taylor answer: "Click "play" to view."

7. PatNInterupt asked Matthew Taylor: "It concerns me greatly that, as has often happened in history, society seems to be splintering rapidly into a tribal mentality as the economic downturn accelerates. Every day in the media and on the ..." Show more »"It concerns me greatly that, as has often happened in history, society seems to be splintering rapidly into a tribal mentality as the economic downturn accelerates. Every day in the media and on the web I see vitriolic abuse from all corners of society aimed at 'bankers'; a 'People vs Bankers' snowball fight recently highlighting a situation that had me thinking of 'Lord of The Flies'. To what extent do you think the government have nurtured this blame culture in an effort to deflect criticism for their own errors, and pander to a disillusioned voting public? And, as the Metropolitan Police warn of 'A Summer of Rage' , to what extent do you think the government should be working actively to create a society of people prepared to work together to get through the downturn rather than turn on each other? Finally, can the government fight 'the mob' or are we doomed to be ruled by it?" Show less »
  8. Matthew Taylor answer: "Click "play" to view."

9. davidwilcox asked Matthew Taylor: "Online systems like this provide an opportunity for anyone to engage with thought-leaders and politicians, to lobby for change, donate, self-organise. What should membership organisations like the RSA..." Show more »"Online systems like this provide an opportunity for anyone to engage with thought-leaders and politicians, to lobby for change, donate, self-organise. What should membership organisations like the RSA be doing to keep up and add value?" Show less »
  10. Matthew Taylor answer: "Click "play" to view."

MORE ANSWERS!
Popular Questions
  1. summit is asking The delegates: "Will you place on the G20 agenda the proposals by James Robertson (www.jamesrobertson.com) for monetary reform? In short: - why don't all  government take over the exclusive power to create new money..." Show more »"Will you place on the G20 agenda the proposals by James Robertson (www.jamesrobertson.com) for monetary reform? In short:
    - why don't all  government take over the exclusive power to create new money (by issuing it into society interest-free)?
    - why don't we remove this power from the banks (who currently create new money as debt), and limit their activities to taking deposits and making loans based on those deposits (with strict liquidity ratios)?
    - why not create a new  international currency to replace the current international trade reliance on, and battles with, the U.S. dollar?" Show less »
  2. 83

1. summit is asking Gordon Brown: "Will you place on the G20 agenda the proposals by James Robertson (www.jamesrobertson.com) for monetary reform? In short: - why doesn't the government take over the exclusive power to create new money..." Show more »"Will you place on the G20 agenda the proposals by James Robertson (www.jamesrobertson.com) for monetary reform? In short:
    - why doesn't the government take over the exclusive power to create new money (by issuing it into society interest-free)?
    - why don't we remove this power from the banks (who currently create new money as debt), and limit their activities to taking deposits and making loans based on those deposits (with strict liquidity ratios)?
    - why not create a new  international currency to replace the current international trade reliance on, and battles with, the U.S. dollar?" Show less »
  2. 71

1. TimJames is asking Gordon Brown: "You've warned against protectionsim but how is that possible in democracies? If the people think the best way to protect ..." Show more »"You've warned against protectionsim but how is that possible in democracies? If the people think the best way to protect jobs and businesses is through protectionism, then don't you and other leaders have a duty to give them what they want? I know you might be right but it's a dilemma, isn't it?" Show less »
  2. 65

1. keithwhu is asking Gordon Brown: "This question is being asked by igoralcyon: Could it be theoretically possible to create a statistical tool that will establish the number of casualties caused by modern capitalism as a political system..." Show more »"This question is being asked by igoralcyon:

Could it be theoretically possible to create a statistical tool that will establish the number of casualties caused by modern capitalism as a political system as it has been roughly done for totalitarian communism ?
    Or more precisely, could it be theoretically possible to establish the number of casualties that could have been avoided if the best solutions had been implemented toward, for example, the trade of weapons and the international management of world common goods since, say, 1945 ?
    " Show less »
  2. 65

1. allbeary is asking Gordon Brown: "Dear Mr. Brown, Why has WDM been banned from the meeting, and at the very last minute too? they are a very responsible NGO, basing their campaigning on careful research. Your action seems to be very..." Show more »"Dear Mr. Brown, Why has WDM been banned from the meeting, and at the very last minute too? they are a very responsible NGO, basing their campaigning on careful research. Your action seems to be very unjust. Tiiu-Imbi Miller, Mrs. PhD" Show less »
  2. 50

MORE QUESTIONS!
Recent Questions
  1. gittos73 is asking Gordon Brown: "Can you tell me why we are in the E.U, when all that happens is that it costs for us to be in it, as soon as another country joins they come straight over here to claim benefits because it is that easy,..." Show more »"Can you tell me why we are in the E.U, when all that happens is that it costs for us to be in it, as soon as another country joins they come straight over here to claim benefits because it is that easy, when an immigrant has there re-vue on if they can stay over here they get to have an appeal after appeal after appeal instead of just putting the illegal immigrants straight onto a plane and sending them back from which ever country they come from and the stopping them coming back in. Wouldn't it be better for us to be out of the E.U so our laws are our laws and not the E.U's laws. The government do not actually run this country but the E.U does.How much money could we save if we came out of the E.U and shut our borders thats the big question what this country could save from us running the country for us by us (the parliment) and not anyone else. Wouldn't our parents/grandparents be mad to say they died for this country to not to be rtaken over by Germany and they also died to help France not to be taken over by Germany and now Germany and France really run this country for there own GAINS.I am not racist has I come from a multi cultural family." Show less »
  2. 2

1. wilksy is asking Lord Mandelson: "Dear Sir,              I have admired your intellect whenever i have heard you speak. i have noted large donations  from city financiers and rich idividuals to MP's over the last 4 years  all registered..." Show more »"Dear Sir,
                 I have admired your intellect whenever i have heard you speak. i have noted large donations  from city financiers and rich idividuals to MP's over the last 4 years  all registered quite properly.In business i was not allowed presents etc and had to sign a conflict of interest agreement to prevent outside interests affecting my decisions.Yet in parliament the mother of democracy i see very large sums being given and this appears to be acceptable.If one of these MP's becomes part of  government would i be naive in thinking these donations may be remembered.Even if they are declared and whether declared or not influence the individual and party who recieves them.This to me leaves our democratic parliament somewhat open to rich people influencing government policy whoever is in power.

Yours Faithfully

Wilksy" Show less »
  2. 2

1. sarahwyn is asking Gordon Brown: "I don't understand why some have been banned from attending the G20 protests. One of the reasons I have supported you in the past is due to the fact that you in the past have linked your ideology to..." Show more »"

I don't understand why some have been banned from attending the G20 protests.

One of the reasons I have supported you in the past is due to the fact that you in the past have linked your ideology to Antonio Gramski, someone who as a youth and community worker feel influences who I am too. His ideals are things that are needed in our society right now, especially with the crisis we are in now! 

Britain is supposed to be a free country, we are supposed to be proud of our freeedom of speech. These enable the 'proletariat' to take part in what is supposed to be a democratic process.

Why is a man with these values, who is advocating these type of values in our country going totally against them and banning people from the G20, stopping the 'proletariat' from having a voice, stopping freedom of speech?

" Show less »
  2. 1

1. ecantrell is asking Gordon Brown: "I am very distressed that WDM's Director Benedict Southworth was not permitted at the last minute to attend the G20 summit, at the apparent insistence of yourself.  It is imperative that as a free and..." Show more »"I am very distressed that WDM's Director Benedict Southworth was not permitted at the last minute to attend the G20 summit, at the apparent insistence of yourself.  It is imperative that as a free and democratic society we are able to hear alternative voices.  WDM is a well-regarded organisation with many members who I know will be vey disappointed to hear of this decision.  If free comment is not to be allowed and peaceful protest crushed young people will feel increasingly disengaged.  At a time of great turmoil the British people, and young people in particular must be able to feel they can be part of the solution.   In seems so many opportunities for young people to express themselves have been squashed around the pivotal G20 summit.  I work with students at University of East london who were very disappointed that the alternative summit was cancelled at the last minute and they could have no chance to discuss for themselves the critical international issues being negotiated a stone's throw from their own communities.  Many passionate and politically engaged young people were part of the peaceful climate climate protest that was aggressively quashed yesterday.
    I look forward to your feedback
    " Show less »
  2. 8

1. Marina is asking Gordon Brown: "Dear Mr Brown,

I would like to know why you have banned the World Development Movement from attenting the G-20 Summit. Is this not censorship??

Regards"
  2. 8

MORE QUESTIONS!